Planned Parenthood of New York City
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The Alexander C. Sanger papers document Alexander Sanger's work as President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of New York City, and his involvement in Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the International Planned Parenthood Federation, and the general struggle for reproductive rights in the U.S. and abroad. The collection also includes materials related to the Virginia B. Toulmin Foundation Program for Commissioning Women in the Performing Arts, founded by Alexander Sanger in 2013.
Alfred F. Moran served as chief executive officer of Planned Parenthood of New York City (PPNYC) from 1966 until 1989. The materials include meeting minutes, Planned Parenthood clinic statistics, reports and studies on reproductive services and health, redacted patient forms, and training, policy, and procedure documents.
As Communications Director of Planned Parenthood of New York City from 1969 to 1993, Marcia Lawrence wrote and produced materials on abortion, birth control/family planning and women's right to choose. The records include booklets, ads (mostly NY Times), fundraising and policy papers, and a book manuscript.
Birth control advocate. Papers consist primarily of organization records from the Massachusetts Mother's Health Council, 1934-39; committee minutes, memoranda, printed material, and financial material from the Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts, 1968-82; and financial material, memoranda, and committee minutes from Planned Parenthood of New York City (Margaret Sanger Center), 1972-82.
- Reproductive and sexual health 3
- Abortion services -- United States 2
- Birth control -- United States -- 20th century 2
- Birth control clinics -- United States 2
- Birth control movement 2
- Birth control provider and research organization 2
- Books 2
- Publicity 2
- clippings 2
- correspondence 2
- Abortion -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Abortion -- Political aspects -- United States 1
- Abortion rights movement 1
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising -- United States 1
- Agendas 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Birth control -- Developing countries 1
- Birth control -- Massachusetts 1
- Birth control -- New York 1 + ∧ less