National Student Council staff meeting minutes, 1922-1940
Scope and Contents
The National Student Council is responsible for the administration of the actions of the student assemblies, the governing body of the Student Division of the YWCA of the U.S.A. Staff meetings include discussion of the role of staff and leaders in the student Christian movements, exploration of issues important to students, review of program needs and discussion of regional and national needs.
Dates of Materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
However, by agreement with the YWCA of the U.S.A., microdexes known to contain financial records or personal health information (usually on job applications) were not digitized and/or not published in our online repository as part of the CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections grant. These microdexes may still be accessed on the original microfilm, and digital files may be made available to individual researchers upon request.
254 frames (1 partial reel)
- College students -- Political activity
- College students -- Religious life
- College students -- Social conditions
- National Student YWCA
- Nonprofit organizations -- Finance
- Nonprofit organizations -- Management
- Student movements
- Women college students -- International cooperation
- Women college students -- Societies and clubs
- YWCA of the U.S.A.. National Student Council
- minutes (administrative records)
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063