Scope and Contents
"Occupations of women in greater Prague," a report by Alpha Buse in cooperation with women from the YWCA of the U.S.A., studies the labor situation in Prague and the status of women across many occupations. The report studies the labor movement in Czechoslovakia in addition to labor unions, labor law and legislation and economic situations. The second half of the report looks at women working in various types of occupations and addresses employment issues such as wages and working conditions.
Dates of Materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
However, by agreement with the YWCA of the U.S.A., microdexes known to contain financial records or personal health information (usually on job applications) were not digitized and/or not published in our online repository as part of the CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections grant. These microdexes may still be accessed on the original microfilm, and digital files may be made available to individual researchers upon request.
240 frames (1 partial reel)
- Career education
- Household employees -- Czechoslovakia
- Labor laws and legislation -- Czechoslovakia
- Labor unions -- Czechoslovakia
- Wages -- Women -- Czechoslovakia
- Women -- Employment -- Czechoslovakia
- Women -- Social conditions -- Czechoslovakia
- Women in agriculture -- Czechoslovakia
- Women in development -- International cooperation
- Women in the labor movement -- Czechoslovakia
- Work environment -- Czechoslovakia
- Young Women's Christian associations -- Czechoslovakia
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063