Arkansas, circa 1918-1950
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, administrative records and reports concerning YWCA of the U.S.A. associations in Arkansas. Visitation reports from visiting YWCA of the U.S.A. secretaries describe the current state of the association, assess the needs of the local community and the association's ability to meet those needs and describe any challenges or opportunities. Other documents include association histories, constitutions and bylaws and a residence survey for the Pine Bluff association.
Dates of Materials
- circa 1918-1950
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
However, by agreement with the YWCA of the U.S.A., microdexes known to contain financial records or personal health information (usually on job applications) were not digitized and/or not published in our online repository as part of the CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections grant. These microdexes may still be accessed on the original microfilm, and digital files may be made available to individual researchers upon request.
426 frames (1 partial reel)
- Nonprofit organizations -- Finance
- Nonprofit organizations -- Management
- Paragould, Greene, Arkansas, United States
- Pine Bluff, Jefferson, Arkansas, United States
- Social service -- Arkansas
- Sparkman, Dallas, Arkansas, United States
- Texarkana, Bowie, Texas, United States
- Texarkana, Miller, Arkansas, United States
- Women -- Societies and clubs
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Arkansas
- bylaws (administrative records)
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063