California, circa 1934-1950
Scope and Contents
Administrative records, reports and correspondence for YWCA of the U.S.A. associations in Anaheim, Bakersfield and Berkeley, California. Visitation reports from YWCA of the U.S.A. secretaries make assessments of the performance of the associations, describe the community served by the associations and discuss challenges of the association. Other documents include histories, applications for affiliation, constitutions and bylaws, correspondence and employee and volunteer lists.
Dates of Materials
- circa 1934-1950
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
However, by agreement with the YWCA of the U.S.A., microdexes known to contain financial records or personal health information (usually on job applications) were not digitized and/or not published in our online repository as part of the CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections grant. These microdexes may still be accessed on the original microfilm, and digital files may be made available to individual researchers upon request.
348 frames (1 partial reel)
- Anaheim, Orange, California, United States
- Bakersfield, Kern, California, United States
- Berkeley, Alameda, California, United States
- Nonprofit organizations -- Finance
- Nonprofit organizations -- Management
- Social service -- California
- Women -- Societies and clubs
- Young Women's Christian associations -- California
- application forms
- bylaws (administrative records)
- lists (document genres)
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063