California, circa 1920-1950
Scope and Contents
Administrative records, reports and correspondence for YWCA of the U.S.A. associations in San Joaquin Valley (Tulare District), Compton and Eureka, California. Visitation reports from YWCA of the U.S.A. secretaries make assessments of the performance of the associations, describe the community served by the associations and discuss challenges of the association. Other documents include histories, applications for affiliation, constitutions, bylaws, correspondence and employee and volunteer lists. Also included are minutes and proceeding of meetings of the East Bay National Interpretation and Support Committee. The committee meets to discuss fundraising and support efforts in the San Francisco Bay area.
Dates of Materials
- circa 1920-1950
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
However, by agreement with the YWCA of the U.S.A., microdexes known to contain financial records or personal health information (usually on job applications) were not digitized and/or not published in our online repository as part of the CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections grant. These microdexes may still be accessed on the original microfilm, and digital files may be made available to individual researchers upon request.
653 frames (1 partial reel)
- Compton, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Eureka, Humboldt, California, United States
- Nonprofit organizations -- Finance
- Nonprofit organizations -- Management
- San Francisco, California, United States
- San Joaquin, California, United States
- Social service -- California
- Tulare, California, United States
- Women -- Societies and clubs
- Young Women's Christian associations -- California
- programs (documents)
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063