Scope and Contents
Correspondence and reports concerning YWCA of the U.S.A. associations in Inglewood and Lancaster, California in addition to youth services reports for Kern County and Lodi, California conducted by the California Youth Authority. These reports assess the recreation, law enforcement, social, health and church agencies and services available to youth and make recommendations for improving service and reach.
Dates of Materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
However, by agreement with the YWCA of the U.S.A., microdexes known to contain financial records or personal health information (usually on job applications) were not digitized and/or not published in our online repository as part of the CLIR Digitizing Hidden Collections grant. These microdexes may still be accessed on the original microfilm, and digital files may be made available to individual researchers upon request.
211 frames (1 partial reel)
- Inglewood, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Kern, California, United States
- Lancaster, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Lodi, San Joaquin, California, United States
- Nonprofit organizations -- Management
- Social service -- California
- Social work with youth
- Women -- Societies and clubs
- Young Women's Christian associations -- California
- Youth -- California
- blank forms
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063