Caroline Maria Seymour Severance papers
Scope and Contents
The guest book and scrapbook include autographs, quotations, notes, correspondence, drawings, photographs, and memorabilia of many notable abolitionists, woman's rights advocates, and members of the women's club movement. Louisa May Alcott, A. Bronson Alcott, Catharine Beecher, Alice Stone Blackwell, Lydia Maria Child, Frederick Douglass, Ralph Waldo Emerson, William Lloyd Garrison, Ulysses S. Grant, Sarah Grimke, Julia Ward Howe, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucy Stone, Booker T. Washington, John Greenleaf Whittier are included, among many others.
Dates of Materials
- 1860 - 1945
- Severance, Caroline Maria Seymour (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Autographs -- Collections
- Burrage, Caroline S.
- Guest registers
- New England Women's Club
- Severance, Caroline Maria Seymour
- Severance, Julia
- Suffragists -- United States -- Correspondence
- Women -- Societies and clubs
- Women -- United States -- Societies and clubs
- Finding aid to the Caroline Maria Seymour Severance papers
- Legacy Finding Aid (Updated)
- Finding aid prepared by mnsss.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2005-09-23: mnsss158 converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02-5c.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- 2017-07-26T17:48:11-04:00: This record was migrated from InMagic DB Textworks to ArchivesSpace.
- 2019-04-08: Made paper FA pencil edit changes and updated finding aid.
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063