Eva Hansl papers
Scope and Contents
The Eva Hansl Papers include radio scripts; correspondence about broadcasts; research files; and writings. Wide-ranging subject content of broadcasts, plus interviews with prominent women, such as Eleanor Roosevelt.
Dates of Materials
- Hansl, Eva (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The Sophia Smith Collection owns copyright to the unpublished works by the creator of this collection. Copyright to materials created by others may be owned by those individuals or their heirs or assigns. Permission must be obtained to publish reproductions or quotations beyond "fair use." It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
Biographical / Historical
Eva Hansl (1889-1978) was an author, journalist, and writer. Graduated from Barnard College, 1909. Worked as program supervisor for WJZ and broadcast a series on contributions of women to American life. Involved with the World Center for Women's Archives, which collaborated on the series. Lecturer at Columbia University School of Journalism. Staff on New York Tribune and the New York Times. Editor of "Women's Page," New York Evening Sun, 1912-16. Associate editor, Parent's Magazine, 1925-26. Married Raleigh Hansl, 1916; 2 children.
5.438 linear feet (9 containers)
Journalist; Radio director. Papers include radio scripts; correspondence about broadcasts; research files; and writings. Wide-ranging subject content of broadcasts, plus interviews with prominent women, such as Eleanor Roosevelt.
This collection has been added to over time in multiple "accessions." An accession is a group of materials received from the same source at approximately the same time. Note that in most cases, container numbers start over at 1 with each new accession.
- Beard, Mary Ritter
- Broadcast journalism -- United States
- Federal Radio Theatre Project (U.S.)
- Hansl, Eva
- Journalism -- United States -- 20th century
- Oral histories
- Radio scripts
- Women -- Historiography
- Women journalists -- United States
- World Center for Women's Archives, Inc. (New York, N.Y.)
- Eva Hansl papers
- Finding Aid
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2017-07-26T17:48:14-04:00: This record was migrated from InMagic DB Textworks to ArchivesSpace.
- 2019-07-08: Added container list to ASpace.
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063