YWCA of the U.S.A. records, Record Group 10. Audio and video recordings
Scope and Contents
This record group includes professionally produced video and audio recordings of program materials, public service announcements, and training materials; audio soundtracks for slideshows. There are also in-house recordings of speeches, lectures, and panels; programs at local, regional, national, and World YWCA events, such as conferences and conventions; staff meetings; teleconferences; some YWCA-themed music; and a few interviews and oral histories. Topics include racism, child care, financial development and health.
- YWCA of the U.S.A. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Some of the oral histories in this collection have restrictions on access. Please see the notes attached to an individual interview for information about restrictions that apply to it.
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright in other items in this collection may be held by their respective creators. For reproductions of materials that are governed by fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For those few instances beyond fair use, or which may regard materials in the collection not created by YWCA of the USA, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from Smith College Special Collections to move forward with their use.
58.25 linear feet
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Materials that had non-digital access copies created prior to 2008 are indicated with an asterisk [*] in the contents list. These are available for researcher use, however we currently do not have equipment in our reading room that can play these items.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Finding aid to Record Group 10. Audio and video recordings, of the YWCA of the U.S.A. records
- Finding aid prepared by Maida Goodwin, Amy Hague, Kara McClurken, Amanda Izzo.
- 2008, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Processing of the YWCA Records was made possible by the generous support of the National Historical Records and Publications Commission and the estate of Elizabeth Norris.
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 4/10/2019: Updated with current language, and with post-CLIR grant info
- 2020-05-19: Agents and access and use notes added
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
4 Tyler Drive
Northampton MA 01063