ProChoice Resource Center publications
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of printed materials including newsletters, pamphlets, brochures and other publications by the PRC ( including printouts of internet publications); and annual reports.
Dates of Materials
- Creation: 1991-2002
- ProChoice Resource Center (Port Chester, NY) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
The Sophia Smith Collection owns copyright to the unpublished works by the creator of this collection. Copyright to materials created by others may be owned by those individuals or their heirs or assigns. Permission must be obtained to publish reproductions or quotations beyond "fair use." It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
Biographical / Historical
The ProChoice Resource Center was founded in 1991 "to assist and serve grassroots organizations that are on the front lines...to counter extremist attacks [on abortion advocates and providers] and promote reproductive freedom." The organization published a variety of how-to manuals; conducted training sessions and workshops across the U.S.; offered advice and provided technical assistance to pro-choice groups; and trained pro- choice groups in strategies for getting pro-choice candidates elected to political office. The organization was based in Port Chester, NY. They ceased operations in 2002.
0.438 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Abortion rights advocacy group. Collection consists primarily of newsletters, pamphlets, brochures and other publications by the ProChoice Resource Center, and annual reports.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Martha L. Gershun, 2002.
- Finding aid to the ProChoice Resource Center publications
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2017-07-26T17:48:16-04:00: This record was migrated from InMagic DB Textworks to ArchivesSpace.
- 2021-07-15: Content description added from accession inventory
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063