Voices of American Homemakers Oral History Project oral histories
Scope and Contents
The Voices of American Homemakers Oral History was conducted by the National Extension Homemakers Council Oral History Project, 1981-82. Eleanor Arnold was project director and editor. The collection contains 172 audio cassettes and 182 transcripts. The transcripts are in 5 bound volumes, and arranged by state. A subject and state index is also included, as is a compilation of papers presented at a conference, "Seminar of Humanists and Homemakers," at Laramie, Wyoming on 3 August 1983.
Dates of Materials
- Creation: 1981 - 1985
- National Extension Homemakers Council (U.S.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
Published as "Voices of American homemakers." Eleanor Arnold, editor and project director (Vale, OR: National Extension Homemakers Council, 1985). It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights.
4.813 linear feet (8 containers)
Oral Histories of 182 American homemakers (172 audio tapes and 182 transcripts).
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
As a preservation measure, researchers must use digital copies of audiovisual materials in this collection. Please consult with Special Collections staff or email email@example.com to request the creation of and access to digital copies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the National Extension Homemaker's Service Oral History Project, 1986
- Voices of American Homemakers Oral History Project oral histories
- Finding Aid
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2017-07-26T17:48:17-04:00: This record was migrated from InMagic DB Textworks to ArchivesSpace.
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063