Zonta Club of the Northampton Area records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Zonta Club of Northampton consist of correspondence, minutes, agendas, programs, reports, newsletters, and project files. In addition, there are membership files, clippings, publications, photos, awards and memorabilia.
Dates of Materials
- 1963 - 1992
- Zonta Club of the Northampton Area (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
To the extent that they own copyright, Alexis Johnson has assigned the copyright in the works of Zonta Club of the Northampton Area to Smith College; however, copyright in other items in this collection may be held by their respective creators. For reproductions of materials that are governed by fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For instances which may regard materials in the collection not created by Zonta Club of the Northampton Area, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from Smith College Special Collections to move forward with their use.
Biographical / Historical
The Zonta Club of Northampton, founded in 1934, is sponsored by the Springfield Zonta and is part of Zonta International. Over the years, the Zonta Club has provided goods and financial support to overseas projects as well as services to the Northampton and wider community. These included, but are not limited to, volunteer service during the 1936 flood, cooperation with war-relief organizations during World War II, providing volunteers and funds for redecoration at the Cooley Dickinson Hospital and Northampton State Hospital, and support of Hampshire United Way and the local YWCA.
4.25 linear feet (4 containers)
Language of Materials
Zonta Club of the Northampton Area is a community service organization. The records include correspondence, minutes, agendas, programs, reports, newsletters, project files, membership files, clippings, publications, photos, awards and memorabilia.
This collection has been added to over time in multiple "accessions." An accession is a group of materials received from the same source at approximately the same time. Note that in most cases, container numbers start over at 1 with each new accession.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was donated by Alexis Johnson on 3/11/93.
Starting in September 2022, Smith College Special Collections will be renumbering many boxes to eliminate duplicate numbers within collections in order to improve researcher experience. The following changes will be made in this collection: Accession 1994-S-0063/1994-S-0066, Box 1 renumbered as Box 4
- Annual reports
- Businesswomen -- Massachusetts
- Charities -- Massachusetts -- Northampton
- Financial records
- Johnson, Alexis
- Membership lists
- Northampton (Mass.) -- Societies and clubs
- Women -- Societies and clubs
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Massachusetts
- Women executives -- Massachusetts
- Women in the professions
- Women’s societies and clubs
- Zonta Club of the Northampton Area
- Finding aid to the Zonta Club of the Northampton Area records
- Legacy Finding Aid (Updated)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2017-07-26T17:48:17-04:00: This record was migrated from InMagic DB Textworks to ArchivesSpace.
- 2019-04-22: Added accession #93S-13 and updated finding aid.
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063