A Woman's Legacy: Five Women Who Made a Difference oral history series
Scope and Contents
Series of oral histories of five notable women entitled A Woman's Legacy: Five Women Who Made a Difference, published by Women's Forum West Legacy Foundation (San Francisco, Calif, 2004). Consists of transcripts and five CD-ROMS. Includes:
- "Belva Davis: the oral history of a pioneer in the field of journalism : a series of interviews" / conducted by Mauree Jane Perry, November 7, 14, 21, 2002, December 16, 2003.
- "Bernice Hemphill : the mother of blood banking: Irwin Memorial Blood Bank and the American Association of Blood Banks, 1915-1994" / an oral history conducted in 1995 and 1996 by Germaine LaBerge, Regional Oral History Office, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, 1998.
- "Marian Cleeves Diamond : the oral history of a leader in the field of science : a series of interviews" / conducted by Carol McLaughlin.
- "Mary Lanigar : the oral history of a pioneering woman in the field of accounting : a series of interviews" / conducted by Carol McLauglin, July 1999.
- "Sandra Day O'Connor : the oral history of a pioneering woman in the judiciary : an interview" / conducted by Mauree Jane Perry, April 4, 2001.
Dates of Materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open to research according to the regulations of the Sophia Smith Collection.
Conditions Governing Use
The material in this collection may be protected by copyright. It is the responsibility of the researcher to identify and satisfy the holders of all copyrights for permission to publish reproductions or quotations beyond "fair use." Permission must also be obtained from the Sophia Smith Collection as owners of the physical property.
1 boxes (.5 linear feet)
Series of oral histories of four notable women: Belva Davis, journalist; Bernice Hemphill, bio-analyist; Marian Cleeves Diamond, scientist; Mary Lanigar, accountant; and Sandra Day O'Connor, supreme court justice. Published by Women's Forum West Legacy Foundation (San Francisco, Calif, 2004).
- African American journalists
- African American journalists -- Interviews
- American Association of Blood Banks
- Blood banks -- United States
- Davis, Belva, 1933- --Interviews
- Diamond, Marian Cleeves--Interviews
- Hemphill, Bernice M., 1915-1996--Interviews
- Irwin Memorial Blood Bank
- LaBerge, Germaine
- Lanigar, Mary--Interviews
- McLaughlin, Carol
- O'Connor, Sandra Day, 1930- --Interviews
- Oral histories
- Oral histories
- Perry, Mauree Jane
- United States. Supreme Court--Officials And Employees--Interviews
- Women accountants -- United States
- Women accountants -- United States -- Interviews
- Women in journalism -- United States
- Women in medicine
- Women in science
- Women in television broadcasting -- United States
- Women journalists -- United States
- Women journalists -- United States -- Interviews
- Women judges -- United States
- Women judges -- United States -- Interviews
- Women medical scientists -- United States
- Women scientists -- United States -- Interviews
- Women's Forum West Legacy Foundation
- A Woman's Legacy: Five Women Who Made a Difference oral history series
- Finding Aid
- Finding aid prepared by Margaret Jessup.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2017-07-26T17:48:19-04:00: This record was migrated from InMagic DB Textworks to ArchivesSpace.
Part of the Sophia Smith Collection of Women's History Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063