Mary Webb papers
Scope and Contents
Dates of Materials
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
Her writings include the novels The Golden Arrow (London: Constable, 1916; New York: Dutton, 1935), Gone to Earth (London: Constable, 1917; New York: Dutton, 1917), The House in Dormer Forest (London: Hutchinson, 1920; New York: Doran, 1921), Seven for a Secret, A Love Story (London: Hutchinson, 1922; New York: Doran, 1923), Precious Bane (London: Cape, 1924; New York: Dutton, 1926), Armour Wherein He Trusted (London: Cape, 1929; New York: Dutton, 1929), a collection of essays entitled The Spring of Joy (London and Toronto: Dent/New York: Dutton, 1917; New York: Dutton, 1937), a poetry collection Fifty-one Poems Hitherto Unpublished in Book Form (London: Cape, 1946; New York: Dutton, 1947) and two anthologies Poems and the Spring of Joy (London: Cape, 1928; New York: Dutton, 1929) and Mary Webb: Collected Prose and Poems, edited by Gladys Mary Coles (Shropshire: Wildings, 1977).
1 boxes (0.5 linear feet)
- I. Review by Mary Webb
- II. Poems by Mary Webb, 1898-1926
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Mary Webb papers
- Finding Aid
- Compiled by Hannah M. Stott-Bumsted
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Encoding funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- 07/26/2017: This resource was modified by the ArchivesSpace Preprocessor developed by the Harvard Library (https://github.com/harvard-library/archivesspace-preprocessor)
- 2005-09-23: manoscmr10 converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02-5c.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
Part of the Mortimer Rare Book Collection Repository
4 Tyler Drive
Northampton MA 01063