Faculty and staff biographical files
Scope and Contents
Materials include photographs, news clippings, biographical material. Some include personal papers: class notes, publications, research notes, correspondence, journals, etc.
Dates of Materials
- 1875 - 2018
- Smith College Archives (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Materials in the Smith College Archives are open for use, with the following exceptions: Box 11 in this collection contains student papers, which are closed to researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Smith College retains copyright of materials created as part of its business operations; however, copyright in other items in this collection may be held by their respective creators. For reproductions of materials that are governed by fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For instances which may regard materials in the collection not created by Smith College, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from Smith College Special Collections to move forward with their use.
138.004 linear feet (220 containers)
Language of Materials
The collection contains the personal and professional papers of individual faculty and staff members.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
As a preservation measure, researchers must use digital copies of audiovisual materials in this collection. Please consult with Special Collections staff or email email@example.com to request the creation of and access to digital copies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Materials were received from various individual donors and Smith College offices over time, particularly from the Office of College Relations.
- Finding aid to the Faculty and staff biographical files
- Legacy Finding Aid (Updated)
- Madison White, Ellice Amanna, Scott Biddle
- 2018, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2018-11-13: Containers added and finding aid updated as part of College Archives survey
- 2019-04: C. John Burke oral history added
- 2019-05: Borjana Mikic archived website added
- 2019-12-16: Containers added, barcodes, description, finding aid updated
- 2019-12-17: Archival objects for individual faculty added from legacy database
- 2020-07-03: Added 8 flat files
- 2021-11-03: Changed collection title from Individual faculty papers
Part of the Smith College Archives Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063