Classes of 1931-1940 records
Scope and Contents
The Classes of 1931-1940 records consist of individual class notes, examinations, papers and class letters, correspondence, photographs, scrapbooks, songbooks as well as reunion materials of the same nature, all related to or dating from the time periods during which these classes were students at Smith College.
Dates of Materials
- 1858 - 2008
- Smith College. Class of 1931. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1932. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1933. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1934. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1935. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1936. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1937. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1938. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1939. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1940. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
Smith College retains copyright of materials created as part of its business operations; however, copyright in other items in this collection may be held by their respective creators. For reproductions of materials that are governed by fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. For instances which may regard materials in the collection not created by Smith College, researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from Smith College Special Collections to move forward with their use.
94.417 linear feet (143 containers)
Language of Materials
This collection brings together ten record groups that are arranged chronologically, one per graduating class. However, since some materials are placed in a class record group based on when they were created, and not by whom, materials relelvant to a class may exist in more than one series.
This collection has been added to over time in multiple "accessions." An accession is a group of materials received from the same source at approximately the same time. Note that in most cases, container numbers start over at 1 with each new accession.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
As a preservation measure, researchers must use digital copies of audiovisual materials in this collection. Please consult with Special Collections staff or email email@example.com to request the creation of and access to digital copies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Whenever donation information for a particular set of material is known, it is included in the finding aid below. However, a majority of the material was not formally accessioned and its origins are not currently known.
Please note that prior to 2018, folder inventories were not always updated when new material was added to the collection. As a result, folder inventories may not be complete and folder numbers may be incorrect.
- Finding aid to the Classes of 1931-1940 records
- Enhanced Finding Aid (Completed)
- Ellice Amanna
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2018-10-19: Finding aids for each class records were combined into this meta record, with additions from recent accessions
- 2020-01-06: Boxes, barcodes, description added, finding aid updated
- 2022-04-05: Added Accession 2022-A-0014
Part of the Smith College Archives Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063