Classes of 1911-1920 records
Scope and Contents
The Classes of 1911-1920 records consist of individual class notes, examinations, papers and class letters, correspondence, photographs, scrapbooks, songbooks as well as reunion materials of the same nature, all related to or dating from the time periods during which these classes were students at Smith College.
Dates of Materials
- 1895 - 1997
- Smith College. Class of 1912. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1913. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1914. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1916. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1917. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1918. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1919. (Organization)
- Smith College -- Students -- Correspondence (Organization)
- Smith College--Class of 1920 (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1911. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1915 (Organization)
- Smith College -- Alumni and alumnae. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials in this collection may be governed by copyright. For reproductions of materials that are governed by fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. Researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from Smith College Special Collections to move forward with their use.
215.926 linear feet (313 containers)
Language of Materials
This collection brings together ten record groups that are arranged chronologically, one per graduating class. However, since some materials are placed in a class record group based on when they were created, and not by whom, materials relelvant to a class may exist in more than one series.
This collection has been added to over time in multiple "accessions." An accession is a group of materials received from the same source at approximately the same time.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
As a preservation measure, researchers must use digital copies of audiovisual materials in this collection. Please consult with Special Collections staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the creation of and access to digital copies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Whenever donation information for a particular set of material is known, it is included in the finding aid below. However, a majority of the material was not formally accessioned and its origins are not currently known.
Please note that prior to 2018, folder inventories were not always updated when new material was added to the collection. As a result, folder inventories may not be complete and folder numbers may be incorrect.
Between September 2022 and February 2023, Smith College Special Collections renumbered many boxes to eliminate duplicate numbers within collections in order to improve researcher experience. A full crosswalk of old to new numbers is available.
- Finding aid to the Classes of 1911-1920 records
- Minimum Finding Aid (Completed)
- Madison White; Ellice Amanna
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2018-10-24: Finding aids for each class records were combined into this meta record, with additions from recent accessions
- 2019-11-26: Boxes added and barcoded and finding aid updated
- 2022-03-08: Added Accession 2022-A-0019
- 2022-05-23: Added Accessions 2022-A-0054 and 2022-A-0059
Part of the Smith College Archives Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063