Classes of 1901-1910 records
Scope and Contents
The Classes of 1901-1910 records consist of individual class notes, examinations, papers and class letters, correspondence, newspaper articles, photographs, scrapbooks, songbooks as well as reunion materials of the same nature, all related to or dating from the time periods during which these classes were students at Smith College.
Dates of Materials
- Creation: 1897 - 2000
- Smith College. Class of 1901. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1902. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1903. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1904. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1905. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1906. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1907. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1908. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1909. (Organization)
- Smith College. Class of 1910. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for use without restriction beyond the standard terms and conditions of Smith College Special Collections.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials in this collection may be governed by copyright. For reproductions of materials that are governed by fair use as defined under U. S. Copyright Law, no permission to cite or publish is required. Researchers are responsible for determining who may hold materials' copyrights and obtaining approval from them. Researchers do not need anything further from Smith College Special Collections to move forward with their use.
146.667 linear feet (241 containers)
Language of Materials
This collection brings together ten record groups that are arranged chronologically, one per graduating class. However, since some materials are placed in a class record group based on when they were created, and not by whom, materials relelvant to a class may exist in more than one series.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
As a preservation measure, researchers must use digital copies of audiovisual materials in this collection. Please consult with Special Collections staff or email email@example.com to request the creation of and access to digital copies.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Whenever donation information for a particular set of material is known, it is included in the finding aid below. However, a majority of the material was not formally accessioned and its origins are not currently known.
Please note that prior to 2018, folder inventories were not always updated when new material was added to the collection. As a result, folder inventories may not be complete and folder numbers may be incorrect.
- Finding aid to the Classes of 1901-1910 records
- Minimum Finding Aid (Completed)
- Madison White, Ellice Yasner Amanna, Scott Biddle
- 2018, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2018-10-24: Finding aids for each class records were combined into this meta record, with additions from recent accessions
- 2018-11-07: Updated to conform to DACS and added boxes
- 2019-12-11: Containers, barcodes added and finding aid updated
- 2020-07-06: Added 7 flat files, updated Scope and Contents note
- 2022-03-08: Added accession 2022-A-0016 and 2021-A-0061
Part of the Smith College Archives Repository
7 Neilson Drive
Northampton MA 01063