Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Born June 19, 1935 to a Southern Baptist family, Carolyn McDade is a feminist, a writer of women's music, and self-described activist. The collection includes personal and professional papers, including correspondence, music, writing, and organizational documents.
Women's advocacy group. The records document the daily activities of a feminist non-prift research and advocacy group. Major topics covered: women's rights, women's health, reproductive rights, women of color, affirmative action, and domestic violence.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
The collection contains the literary papers of Mary Mackey, feminist novelist and poet.
- Computer media 10
- Books 7
- DVD-Video discs 7
- Fliers 7
- clippings 7
- reports 7
- Awards 6
- CD-ROMs 6
- Financial records 6
- Organization files 6
- Writings 6
- memorabilia 6
- Appointment books 5
- Brochures 5 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- National Organization for Women 2
- Wattleton, Faye 2
- Adam, Margie 1
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 1
- American Birth Control League 1
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Best, Winfield 1
- Biren, Joan E. 1
- Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Birth Control Federation of America 1
- Black Women Organized for Action 1
- Black Women Stirring the Waters 1
- California Women's Agenda 1
- Center for the Advancement of Women 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Christian, Meg 1
- Clemens, Kate 1
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 1
- Deming, Barbara, 1917 1 ∧ less