Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Professional and personal papers, including correspondence, business records, sermons, writings, both published and unpublished, and teaching/workshop materials, especially strong in anti-racism material, of Andrea Ayvazian, labor and delivery nurse, mountaineering guide, anti-racism consultant, a teacher, a folk singer and published poet, a college dean of religous life, and a pastor.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
Thomas Dublin has been a leader in the field of US women's labor history while also focusing on immigration history and ethnic studies. He and his wife founded the Center for the Historical Study of Women and Gender. The collection contains personal and professional correspondence, teaching and research materials, project files, published articles and books, teaching awards, and grant applications.
- Awards 4
- DVD-Video discs 4
- Electronic records 4
- Newsletters 4
- Programs 4
- Portuguese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Ayvazian, Andrea 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Communitas 1
- Crowe, Frances, 1919- 1
- Dublin, Thomas (1946 December 01) 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Kennedy, Elizabeth Lapovsky, 1939- 1
- Kramer, Marian 1
- Mount Holyoke College 1
- National Welfare Rights Organization (U.S.) 1
- National Women's Studies Association 1
- New Jersey Friends of Welfare Rights 1
- Sackler, Elizabeth A. (1948 February 19) 1
- Sklar, Kathryn Kish 1
- State University of New York at Binghamton -- Faculty 1
- Tillmon, Johnnie 1
- United Church Board for Homeland Ministries. Race Relations Dept. 1 + ∧ less