Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Women's advocacy group. The records document the daily activities of a feminist non-prift research and advocacy group. Major topics covered: women's rights, women's health, reproductive rights, women of color, affirmative action, and domestic violence.
The collection contains the business records of the Committee on Women, Population,& the Environment (CWPE), a multi-racial alliance that works on the local, regional, national, and international levels to oppose population control policies that blame overpopulation for poverty, hunger, environmental degradation and political volatility.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
- Annual reports 4
- Audiotapes 4
- Computer media 4
- Electronic mail 4
- Financial records 4
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Center for the Advancement of Women 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Committee on Women, Population and the Environment 1
- Darling, Marsha J. Tyson 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Global Campaign for Microbicides 1
- Halima, Yasmin 1
- Heise, Lori 1
- Kennedy, Elizabeth Lapovsky, 1939- 1
- National Women's Studies Association 1
- Sackler, Elizabeth A. (1948 February 19) 1
- Wattleton, Faye 1 + ∧ less