Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Comprised of correspondence, reports, research notes, surveys, audiovisual materials, and newspaper clippings from the papers of Aileen C. Hernandez, activist and civic leader. These papers document the life of Aileen C. Hernandez, activist and civic leader.
Women's advocacy group. The records document the daily activities of a feminist non-prift research and advocacy group. Major topics covered: women's rights, women's health, reproductive rights, women of color, affirmative action, and domestic violence.
The collection contains the business records of the Committee on Women, Population,& the Environment (CWPE), a multi-racial alliance that works on the local, regional, national, and international levels to oppose population control policies that blame overpopulation for poverty, hunger, environmental degradation and political volatility.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
- Audiotapes 4
- Books 4
- Brochures 4
- Computer media 4
- Electronic mail 4
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- Black Women Organized for Action 1
- California Women's Agenda 1
- Center for the Advancement of Women 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Coalition for Economic Equity 1
- Committee on Women, Population and the Environment 1
- Darling, Marsha J. Tyson 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Global Campaign for Microbicides 1
- Halima, Yasmin 1
- Heise, Lori 1
- Hernandez, Aileen 1
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Urban League 1
- Sackler, Elizabeth A. (1948 February 19) 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- Wattleton, Faye 1 ∧ less