Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Professional and personal papers, including correspondence, business records, sermons, writings, both published and unpublished, and teaching/workshop materials, especially strong in anti-racism material, of Andrea Ayvazian, labor and delivery nurse, mountaineering guide, anti-racism consultant, a teacher, a folk singer and published poet, a college dean of religous life, and a pastor.
Women's advocacy group. The records document the daily activities of a feminist non-prift research and advocacy group. Major topics covered: women's rights, women's health, reproductive rights, women of color, affirmative action, and domestic violence.
The collection contains the business records of the Committee on Women, Population,& the Environment (CWPE), a multi-racial alliance that works on the local, regional, national, and international levels to oppose population control policies that blame overpopulation for poverty, hunger, environmental degradation and political volatility.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
- Audiotapes 6
- Computer media 6
- Financial records 6
- Fund raising 6
- clippings 6
- lecture notes 6
- photographs 6
- Annual reports 5
- Awards 5
- Electronic mail 5
- Grant proposals 5
- Job applications 5 + ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Ayvazian, Andrea 1
- Black Women Organized for Action 1
- Black Women Stirring the Waters 1
- California Women's Agenda 1
- Center for the Advancement of Women 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Committee on Women, Population and the Environment 1
- Communitas 1
- Crowe, Frances, 1919- 1
- Darling, Marsha J. Tyson 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Fulcher, Patsy G. 1
- Global Campaign for Microbicides 1
- Halima, Yasmin 1
- Heise, Lori 1
- Hernandez, Aileen C. (1926 May 23-2017 February 13) 1
- Kennedy, Elizabeth Lapovsky, 1939- 1 + ∧ less