Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Born June 19, 1935 to a Southern Baptist family, Carolyn McDade is a feminist, a writer of women's music, and self-described activist. The collection includes personal and professional papers, including correspondence, music, writing, and organizational documents.
The collection contains the business records of the Committee on Women, Population,& the Environment (CWPE), a multi-racial alliance that works on the local, regional, national, and international levels to oppose population control policies that blame overpopulation for poverty, hunger, environmental degradation and political volatility.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
Marianne Robinson's letters, photographs, poetry, correspondence, and even invoices are fantastic primary sources for topics of the labor and women's movement, folk music, single motherhood, and activism. Her correspondence with Woody Guthrie might be of special interest.
- Audiotapes 8
- Brochures 7
- Fliers 7
- Writings 7
- articles 7
- clippings 7
- Electronic records 6
- Notes 6
- CD-ROMs 5
- Computer media 5
- DVD-Video discs 5
- Grant proposals 5
- Job applications 5
- Organization files 5
- Pamphlets 5 ∧ less
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Center for Democratic Renewal (Atlanta, GA) 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Committee on Women, Population and the Environment 1
- Communist Party of the United States of America 1
- Darling, Marsha J. Tyson 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Global Campaign for Microbicides 1
- Guthrie, Woody 1
- Halima, Yasmin 1
- Heise, Lori 1
- Kennedy, Elizabeth Lapovsky, 1939- 1
- McDade, Carolyn (1935 June 19) 1
- Ms. (periodical) 1
- National Black Women's Health Project 1
- National Center for Human Rights Education 1
- National Women's Health Network 1
- National Women's Studies Association 1 ∧ less