Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Women's advocacy group. The records document the daily activities of a feminist non-prift research and advocacy group. Major topics covered: women's rights, women's health, reproductive rights, women of color, affirmative action, and domestic violence.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
Women of color grassroots network; Welfare rights, reproductive rights, and women's health advocacy organization in Oakland, California. Records include publications, pamphlets and catalogs of the WCRC; programming materials, conference reports, background research files, and audiovisual material.
- CD-ROMs 6
- Electronic records 6
- reports 6
- Brochures 5
- Financial records 5
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- National Organization for Women 2
- Adam, Margie 1
- Alliance Against the Oppression of Women 1
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Biren, Joan E. (1944) 1
- Black Women Organized for Action 1
- Black Women Stirring the Waters 1
- Burnham, Linda, 1948- 1
- California Women's Agenda 1
- Center for the Advancement of Women 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Christian, Meg 1
- Deming, Barbara, 1917 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Fulcher, Patsy G. 1
- Hammer, Barbara, 1939-2019 1
- Helaine Victoria Press 1
- Hernandez, Aileen C. (1926 May 23-2017 February 13) 1 + ∧ less