Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Lesbian activist. The Carmen Vázquez Papers document Vazquez's activism for gay and lesbian rights; they include materials pertaining to gay and lesbian health issues, as well as Vazquez's interest and involvement in broader issues of race and class. The collection includes diaries, correspondence, biographical information, an interview, photographs, memorabilia, writings speeches.
Elizabeth A. Sackler, the daughter of Arthur M. Sackler, a psychiatrist who made a fortune in the pharmaceutical business and a noted patron of the arts, has been a tireless advocate on behalf of American Indians and the repatriation of their sacred objects as well as a self-described "matron"of feminist art". Her papers include correspondence, reports, fundraising materials, A/V materials, photographs, and publications.
The collection contains personal and professional papers reflecting Elizabeth Kennedy's role as one of the pioneers in the field of Women's Studies and LGBTQ Studies as well as her activism, both in Buffalo, NY and in Arizona. Especially well documented is the emergence of Women's Studies as a viable academic field, as well as the opening up of American Studies and cultural anthropology.
Women of color grassroots network; Welfare rights, reproductive rights, and women's health advocacy organization in Oakland, California. Records include publications, pamphlets and catalogs of the WCRC; programming materials, conference reports, background research files, and audiovisual material.
- CD-ROMs 6
- Electronic records 6
- Anti-racism 5
- DVD-Video discs 5
- Fliers 5
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Portuguese 1
- Alliance Against the Oppression of Women 1
- American Indian Ritual Object Repatriation Foundation 1
- American Studies Association 1
- Black Women Organized for Action 1
- Black Women Stirring the Waters 1
- Burnham, Linda , 1948- 1
- California Women's Agenda 1
- Chicago, Judy, 1939- 1
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art 1
- Elizabeth A. Sackler Foundation 1
- Fulcher, Patsy G. 1
- Hernandez, Aileen C. (1926 May 23-2017 February 13) 1
- Kennedy, Elizabeth Lapovsky, 1939- 1
- Kramer, Marian 1
- Louie, Miriam Ching Yoon (1950 December 01) 1
- National Committee Against Discrimination in Housing 1
- National Council of Negro Women 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Organization for Women. Task Force on Minority Women and Women's Rights 1 ∧ less