Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Collegiate association. The records document the organization's history, administration, committee activities, membership, and promotional activities. Materials include reports, brochures, correspondence, and printed materials.
An organization of women holding supervisory positions in railroad personnel and service. The records provide insight into the attitudes and motivations of a group of professional women organized for their mutual benefit at a time when most women had "jobs" rather than "careers." Material includes correspondence, minutes, reports, publications, photographs, scrapbooks, and other material which document its history and activities from its founding until 1977.
Women's advocacy group. The records document the daily activities of a feminist non-prift research and advocacy group. Major topics covered: women's rights, women's health, reproductive rights, women of color, affirmative action, and domestic violence.
The collection contains the business records of the Committee on Women, Population,& the Environment (CWPE), a multi-racial alliance that works on the local, regional, national, and international levels to oppose population control policies that blame overpopulation for poverty, hunger, environmental degradation and political volatility.
International women's organization. Records consist of administrative and project files; correspondence with funding agencies and project participants; board minutes and agendas; and the records of the NGO Planning Committees. These include documentation of all four International Women's Year Tribunes, held in Mexico City (1975), Copenhagen (1980), Nairobi (1985), Beijing (1995), and the "Beijing +5" conference in 2000.
Legislators' organization. The records include minutes, reports, publications, and other administrative records, as well as scrapbooks about individual legislators and NOWL meetings..
The collection contains correspondence, publications, notes, press releases, and photographs related to the International Women's Year and the convening of the Houston 1977 conference; materials reflect state as well as national organizing efforts.
- correspondence 18
- reports 16
- Financial records 13
- Electronic records 10
- clippings 9
- memorabilia 9
- Audiotapes 8
- Videotapes 8
- Computer media 7
- Memorandums 6
- Newsletters 6
- Organization files 6
- Reproductive and sexual health 6
- Speeches. 6
- Women's liberation 6
- articles 6
- scrapbooks 6 + ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- International Planned Parenthood Federation 3
- Wattleton, Faye 3
- Alan Guttmacher Institute 2
- American Birth Control League 2
- Best, Winfield 2
- Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau (New York, N.Y.) 2
- Birth Control Federation of America 2
- Guttmacher, Alan Frank, 1898- 2
- McCormick, Katherine Dexter, 1876-1967 2
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 2
- Planned Parenthood-World Population (U.S.) 2
- Rose, D. Kenneth 2
- Sanger, Margaret, 1879-1966 2
- Steinem, Gloria 2
- World Conference to Review and Appraise the Achievements of the United Nations Decade for Women (1985 : Nairobi, Kenya) 2
- American Association of University Women. Connecticut Valley Branch 1
- American Council of Railroad Women 1
- American Women's Association 1
- Associated Country Women of the World 1
- Bauman, Dorothy 1 + ∧ less